Today's derivatives markets are shaped by onerous operational requirements and increasing scrutiny from regulators, auditors and investors. Transparency and third-party validation of derivative valuations have become central to the reforms sweeping through the derivatives industry, from the central clearing of over-the-counter derivatives, the prospect of mandatory clearing of more off-exchange derivatives, to regulations such as Dodd-Frank, UCITS, FAS 157 and IFRS 7.
Whatever your investment strategy or the complexity of derivative instruments in your portfolios, SunGard’s FastVal service can help you gain greater clarity into the value of your trades and holdings. FastVal provides OTC derivatives pricing and valuations for a broad range of instruments off-the-shelf. These include commodities, convertibles, credit, equities, fixed income, FX and currency, interest rate, inflation, hybrids and structured products.
SunGard's FastVal solution helps asset managers to:
- Assess the risk of derivatives trades
- Ensure complex OTC derivatives trades are sufficiently collateralized
- Help comply with derivatives regulation
- Enable the structuring of complex structured products
- Validate internal derivatives pricing models
- Demonstrate commitment to transparency through independent valuation of derivatives
SunGard’s FastVal solution’s for financial institutions consists of the FastVal independent valuation service.